Followers

Search This Blog

Thursday 28 September 2017

Sponge

Sponge

There is nothing so delicious as a light and airy sponge filled with home made jam and cream. The Cuisine Companion makes light work of beating and aerating the eggs. One thing to remember is to warm the eggs. Place 4 fridge cold eggs in warm water for 7 minutes before cracking and placing in bowl. I use eggs from an 800 gm carton of 12.





20gms butter
80 gms milk
4 eggs. Put in warm water for 8 mins if straight from the fridge or 4 mins if room temperature.
160gms caster sugar
150gms S.R. flour
Place butter and milk In heatproof bowl. Microwave on low heat setting until butter is almost melted. Stir until melted. Set aside stirring every now and then whilst preparing sponge batter.
Insert whisk in CC, stopper out.
Add eggs and caster sugar. S8:14mins.
Sift S.R. flour into CC bowl. S4:5sec. Use silicone pastry brush to brush flour off whisk.
Select S4:15sec pouring butter/milk mixture through hole in lid. Remove blade and gently fold through with spatula any unmixed flour or butter/milk mixture.
Divide mixture between 2x20cm bottom paper lined sandwich tins. Bake 160 deg for 15-20mins or until done when tested. Do not open oven door for the first 10mins.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Krystyna, I'm looking to make your sponge recipe in my CC. Just double checking - it says to whisk the eggs and castor sugar for 16 mins. This seems like a long time - is this correct or a typo? Thanks for your recipes - your creations are amazing! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, sorry for my late reply. 16 minutes is correct, time will vary I've found depending on the freshness of your eggs. If they're very fresh it may only take 13-14 minutes to get to the thickened creamy stage. Thank you also for trying this recipe, I really appreciate it and am always interested in how it turned out and what adjustments you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your reply. Now that I know that the times are correct I'll give it a go. I've been a bit scared of the machine but I'm slowly gaining confidence. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete